Below are reviews from individuals and groups that I have worked with:
Reviews from July 2018 my presentation to IPTA on nature therapy:
- So informative, loved the ideas for way to integrate nature into our interventions to make use of the preventative medical benefits!
- This was wonderful! I had heard an interview with the author of a book on the subject on NPR several months ago and was intrigued with it at that time- but your research obviously was so much more in depth, and the applications were so helpful! I particularly found the Green Exercise and Blue Exercise interesting as I certain relate to those myself. I am looking forward to being able to apply some of the principles in my work with children. Thank you very much!
- I found the instructor and the material presented to be inspirational. Environmental respect and protection and the connection between physical/mental/spiritual health and nature are topics dear to my heart. To find a course presented by IPTA on these topics both surprised and delighted me. I am heartened to discover that there are like-minded professionals in this area! Thank you.
- Wonderful presentation!
- Never thought about the effect of nature on wellness in PT. I will try to incorporate nature into it more
- Thank you, Dr. Mitch! Your presentation was engaging and highly informative, and I appreciate that you took time to answer questions.”
For more information on nature therapy: http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/what-is-nature-therapy/
Reviews of reiki/shamanic services:
“I decided to reach out to Allison for a Reiki healing session. I have never done this before. I had heard of it but did not know too much about the practice.
Once I did some research, I decided to try it. I have had a few major, sad events over the past year in my life. I wanted to feel a calmness again in my everyday life. I knew it wouldn't be instant but a progression.
Allison was so amazing in her approach. She explained the events as she was performing them. I was amazed by her healing touch, it was so soothing. I experienced a lot of different energy levels, something she said I may experience.
Allison is a wonderful soul and has a tremendous gift. I am grateful she shares this knowledge.”
“To start, this was my first experience with reiki. I have heard of it but never researched it. My mom suggested I try reiki for the first time after she completed a session with Allison the week prior to me. To be completely honest, I was skeptical going in but it turned out to be a wonderful and positive experience. I have generalized anxiety and I left my session feeling extremely relaxed and at peace. My anxiety was the lowest I think it’s ever been. My biggest tip for a first time reiki-goer is to be open minded and accepting of the energy that is passing through you because I now believe in their healing powers.
As for Allison, she is a lovely, kind, and professional person. She conducts her sessions from a quiet room in her house. The minute I entered the doorway, I felt welcomed and at ease. If you are going to try reiki, give Allison a shot! You will not be disappointed.”
-Sarah (metro Chicago)
“This was my first time seeing someone for reiki and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I have been dealing with anxiety attacks and my mom suggested that I give reiki a shot.
Allison made me feel comfortable from the get go. She explained everything before I even got on the table so I wouldn’t be surprised with anything that she did. Everyone’s experience is different, but she went over examples of what some people have felt during the process. In my personal experience, her touch was very warm and as time went by I could feel the tension leaving my body. I left with an overwhelming relaxing sensation in my body and mind.
Allison was very professional and has such a warm, open heart. If you are considering having reiki done, I highly recommend seeing her.”
For more information on reiki and shamanic techniques: http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/what-is-reiki/ and http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/what-is-shamanic-practice/
Review of WILD Woman Circles
When asked what they liked about circle:
“I really enjoyed being in meditation, guided and with sound, it’s awesome to change the frequency in the room! I also really like pulling cards and having something that grounds me in mediation. I like the entrance and offer of oils to apply to activate my senses.”
“Community of like minded women.”
“The feeling of being with accepting sisters”
“Everything! The quiet time just for myself. The lovely refreshments. The ritual and meditation…… I always felt so strong and peaceful after”
*The above responses for WILD Woman Project Circle were provided anonymously from participant surveys*
Reviews for WILD Mother-Daughter circles:
You were absolutely incredible! I enjoyed the Circle so much. What a
wealth of knowledge, time and care you put in to it, and I have been
wanting for so long to share the 'magic' of Circle with my daughter.
Beyond happy to have found this! Much much love, Karen “
-Review from Karen Moon, creator of the Divine Feminine App (http://www.findawomenscircle.com/)
For more information on WILD Woman Project circles: http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/additional-information-on-wild-offerings/
For more information on WILD Mother-Daughter circles: http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/additional-information-on-feathering-the-nest/
To register for circle: http://www.theresiliencyinstitute.net/learn/learn-classes/
Reviews of fitness/wellness, physical therapy services:
Reviews of my blogs and poems:
"Holy F&*k. I can't believe you said "re-membering". This is what I'm sensing too." - B.S., reading http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/the-subtle-art-of-seeing/
“Beautiful. I need this” – S.S., reading http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/fractured-self/
“Reading this was so beautiful and empowering. Thank you” – S.P., reading http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/radical-self-love-on-body-diversity/
“Wow! Gave me goosebumps!!! <3 <3 <3” – J.T., reading http://wildwomaninthesuburbs.com/sit-spot/